Top Eye Allergy Tips
Tips to help you cope with Allergy Season :
- Stay Clear: Minimize or eliminate contact with allergy triggers. For example, stay indoors when pollen counts are at their peak (mid-morning and early evening) or when it’s really windy outside.
- Stay Cool: Holding a clean face cloth soaked in ice-cold water over closed eyes for 5-10 minutes will reduce itchiness.
- Artificial tears: Non-prescription artificial tear eye drops can provide relief, especially if they are stored in the refrigerator to keep them cold.
- Squeaky Clean: Clean floors with a damp rag or mop rather than dry dusting or sweeping.
- Protect Your Self: When heading outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to help prevent pollen from blowing into your eyes.
- Dust buster: Keep furnace filters and air conditioners clean to keep mites and dust at bay.
- Close your windows: Close your car windows when driving.
- Dispose of lenses: Pollen sticks to moist surfaces and contact lenses are one of them. Switch to daily disposables during allergy season.
- Don't Rub: Don’t rub or touch your eye, this will only make it worse.
- Talk to your doctor at Main St Optometry: If symptoms persist or get worse, book an appointment to learn about treatments that are best suited to you.
Click here and book and appointment with our office today Main St Optometry Newmarket